Sunday, August 1, 2010

Scribe Scribble

Here are a few notes from some of our scribes..

       Hey it's TJ.  Jambo's been a blast! It's huge with over 45,000 scouts from all over the world. So far I've met kids from Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, Hawaii, South Korea, and Mexico. They have some pretty cool patches. There are tons of activities and things you can do here. So far I've shot some guns, viewed a few exhibits, took a merit badge class, and patch traded. The camp is enormous and it has alot of cool things to see as your walking around!
        Hello! This is Joseph and I would like to give a shout out to all my friends so I can brag about how much fun everyone is having at the 2010 National Jamboree! Everyday is a mind-blowing experience with many possibilities to explore new adventures and sites that are amazing to every visitor! There has never been a time throughout the whole trip where I have been bored because there is always something new to explore especially when you take your time to relax, lay back, and patch trade with new folks. There are new activities to be seen everyday throughout the whole campsite and the arena shows entertain Scouts for their dedication and hard-work.

Hey everybody it's Jarred.I would like to say a couple of things about my adventure at the 2010 national jamboree. During my adventure I've had alot of fun here. I've shot guns, experienced alot of new things like patch trading with other kids from around the world it is hard to get some patches that you realy like and want. I would love to come back and explore new things that I've never done before that is all I have to say at the moment.

Howdy! It's Nick, another one of your good 'ole Scribes. I'm having a blast here at the 2010 National Jamboree because of all the sweet attractions. I had a lot of fun at the touring, especially when Mr. Bennett gave me spiritual boosts with his favorite quote: "'Carpe diem boys!' As in sieze the day!" The hotel we stayed in was really nice (in fact, it was so nice that I didn't sleep there because I goofed of with my friends every time I went there late at night). But when we left D.C. and arrived at the Jambo, I got to do a lot of different things, like earning a bunch of merit badges (Railroading, Geneology, Fingerprinting, mor to come). This is one of the best campouts I've ever gone to and I can't wait to get back to Dallas to share the experience. See ya'll later!

1 comment:

Thom McGraw said...

Great work guys! And educational too. Nick, tell Mr. Bennett that I always thought "carpe diem" meant "fish of the day!" :-) I like the real defintion much better! And...seize the remaining days!