Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Note from an ASPL

We have asked all our Scouts to comment on their experience at the Jamboree. The note below is from Sergei, ASPL for troop1633 -

Hello, my name is Sergei. I am the ASPL for troop 1633, and I would like to share some of the great memories I made at the 2010 Jamboree. Although I attended the 2005 Jamboree when I was 12 years old, I feel so fortunate to have had the opportunity to attend my 2nd Jamboree in 2010. I was very excited to visit New York once again. Can you imagine my excitement, as a huge gamer fan, when I saw the store “GameStop.” What an awesome store to have downtown. I also enjoyed being on the top floor of the “Rockefeller Plaza,” looking down at the beautiful city lit up at night. What could be better than our time visiting Philadelphia and getting the chance to see and feel some our nation’s most historical sites like the liberty bell and the passage way that Benjamin Franklin used. Although I have been to Washington D.C. several times, I enjoyed visiting the Pentagon and returning again to see the grave of the Unknown Soldier. Arlington cemetery still brings chills to my soul. What a price so many men and women have paid for our freedom. And finally to the 2010 Jamboree!! Those who know me, know my passion is acting or being in front of a crowd. What a great opportunity was given to me when I was asked to co-host the preshow for the “Shining Light Across America” performed July 31st. With my microphone in hand and an ear piece in my ear, I experienced truly a dream come true. I was having “the time of my life.” I will definitely remember this Jamboree for the rest of my life. I would also like to give a huge thanks to the amazing adult leaders that helped make this all possible. Yours in Scouting, Sergei

No comments: